Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Obits - I Blame You (2009)

front cover
Brooklyn’s Obits is Eric 'Rick' Froberg's brainchild, Rick, aka Rick Fork aka Rick Farr is the former frontman of the Hot Snakes and Drive Like Jehu. They reigned in the feedback and dissonance of Drive Like Jehu’s sound, and took their foot off the gas a little from the Hot Snakes records. “I Blame You” ends up as a well thought out rock record. Obits sounds a bit more pop than Hot Snakes and Drive Like Jehu, but this all well flavoured with surf and a bit rockabilly. 'I Blame You' is quite an impressive debut full-length, released on Sub Pop.



Obits on Myspace Download I Blame You

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one, love hot snakes, rocket from the crypt, drive like jehu etc... great site you have...

jinx said...

hey there - gotta tell you that you are a GAWD!!!!! - Totally Rock - i had a crash on my computer and lost this album - can't afford to buy another - lost too many - you just saved my life - thank you thank you thank you \m/m\m/